To: Government representatives to the 24th Session of the Conference of Parties (COP24) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change:
We urge you to stand with people across the world — not Big Polluters — and immediately take steps to address the climate crisis.
Climate change is the crisis of our times. This December at COP24, you will lay out the rules to implement the Paris Agreement, policies that will affect the lives of billions of people.
The urgency of the climate crisis requires a just response centered on human rights, equity, and justice. We demand you:
- Keep fossil fuels in the ground.
- Reject false solutions that are displacing real, people-first solutions to the climate crisis.
- Advance real solutions that are just, feasible, and essential.
- Honor climate finance obligations to developing countries.
- End corporate interference in and capture of the climate talks.
- Ensure developed countries honor their “Fair Shares” for largely fueling this crisis.