In this dire political moment, people are joining together across movements to challenge corporate power and fix our broken systems.
That’s the main idea in “Daring Democracy,” a hopeful new book by Corporate Accountability International advisory board member, and long-time supporter, Frances Moore Lappé and coauthor Adam Eichen. You might know Lappé’s previous book, “Diet for a Small Planet,” and this is your chance to hear her speak and get her latest book. I know you care about creating a better world, and I wanted you to be one of the first to know about this new book.
Join us at a book release party near you:
- September 26, 7 p.m. at the Harvard Coop, 1400 Mass Ave. in Cambridge, MA.
- September 28, 7 p.m. at Belmont Books, 79 Leonard St. in Belmont, MA.
- October 3, 6 p.m. at Book Passage, 1 Ferry Building in San Francisco, CA.
- October 4, 7:30 p.m. at Pegasus Bookstore, 2439 Shattuck Ave. in Berkeley, CA.
- October 5, 6:30 p.m. at Eagle Harbor Bookstore, 157 Winslow Way E. in Bainbridge Island, WA.
- October 7, 7:30 p.m. at Rainier Arts Center, 3515 S. Alaska St. in Seattle, WA.
- October 8, 7:30 p.m. at Powell’s City of Books, 1005 W. Burnside Ave. in Portland, OR.
- October 10, 7:30 p.m. at Fox Hall in Eckerd College, 4200 54th St. in St. Petersburg, FL.
- October 13, 6:30 p.m. at Penguin Bookstore, 417 Beaver St. in Sewickley, PA.
- October 16, 7:30 p.m. at Greenlight Books, 686 Fulton St. in Brooklyn, NY.
- October 24, 8:30 p.m. at the 5th & K Busboys and Poets, in Washington, DC.
- October 26, 7 p.m. at Wooden Shoe Books and Records, 704 South St., Philadelphia, PA.
At these events, you’ll not only hear from the authors of this exciting new book, you’ll also hear from organizations, like Corporate Accountability International, that are joining together in what “Daring Democracy” calls a “movement of movements” to inspire hope and build a more just and equitable world.
I hope you can make it to one of these events.